Figure Ate, Persimmon Vinegar, 12.7 Fl Oz
Our Naturally Fermented Persimmon Vinegar is more than a regenerative superfood offering support for a healthy heart, liver, skin, and gut. It’s an invitation to explore a whole new world of unfamiliar foods and flavors.
With its uniquely delicious taste, Persimmon Vinegar is your new alternative to citrus and apple cider vinegar in salads, health tonics, marinades, cocktails, facial toners, and more.
Locally produced on California’s Central Coast. Proceeds benefit White Buffalo Land Trust and their mission to expand regenerative agriculture.
Size: 12.7 fl oz (375 ml)
5% Acetic Acid
● Naturally Fermented
● Organic persimmons,
● Filtered water
Our friend Hilary Boynton (@school_of_lunch and https://www.mysolbox.com/) is a chef, author, mother, and school lunch lady in Topanga, CA. She shares our love for the kitchen, healing whole foods, and regenerative agriculture. We asked her to create a salad dressing with our Persimmon Vinegar and she came up with this delicious recipe!
- 1 tsp mustard (whole grain)
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 generous tsp honey (raw) (or other sweetener like maple syrup)
- cracked pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh herbs (try thyme, rosemary, and sage)
- juice of 1 blood orange (can substitute with any citrus)
- 3 TBS Persimmon Vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- pinch salt (prefer Real Salt, Himalayan, or well sourced)
- 1 tsp flax oil (cold pressed and can be omitted)
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar, cap and shake vigorously to incorporate.
- Alternatively, place all ingredients in a blender or use an immersion blender in a mason jar.
- Warm or cold water
- 1-2 tablespoons of our Persimmon Vinegar
- Your choice of sweetener (I usually use Honey or Agave)
- Sometimes I will also add in a few herbs like Ginger, Turmeric, or Cayenne Pepper