Calvisius Caviar, Tradition, Prestige, 28g
- Species: Pacific White sturgeon, Acipenser transmontanus
- Origins of the species: North American West coast, from Alaska to Southern California
- Size of the fish: large, may grow to 800kg or 1760 lbs and can be as long as 6m or 19’
- Roe diameter: large, 2.8mm/3.2mm
- Color: dark grey to black
- Texture: compact and smooth, enhanced by its large roe
- Character: balanced and elegant
- Aromatic notes: strongly fruity with nutty and buttery notes, reminiscent of the most delicate nuances of the sea.
Flavor notes: Tradition Prestige has large eggs that are silky and have elegant notes. Creamy, buttery flavors arrive first as hints of seaweed yield to a long, impressive clean finish. The taste of this caviar is perfectly balanced with round notes, combining delicate nuances of the sea with light, buttery flavors of pastry.
Recommended combination: Brut Champagne or Satèn (premium Franciacorta) bubbles. Serve on mother of pearl spoons as-is, to enjoy it in its purity. Or, harness Tradition’s buttery creaminess atop avocado or boiled potatoes to let its luxurious notes come forward.
Time required to harvest: 14 to 15 years
Shelf life: 90 days, unopened